Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Seeds Of Faith

When it come to faith it isn't how much you have it is what kind you have. The Bible speaks of faith being like a seed. Seeds can be eaten or they can be planted.

"He put another parable before them, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is larger than all the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.' " - Matthew 13:31-32 ESV

"He said to them, 'Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.' " - Matthew 17:20 ESV

Faith in self is a kind of faith. So is faith in people or things. Faith in God is unique. When you plant this faith it grows large and strong and fragrant.

The birds of the air speak of angels. Good ones and fallen ones. The structure that grows from this faith leaves branches for both kinds to nest in.

If you choose to plant the right seed in the ground then your faith will have power. Why? It is then that we will ask God for things and He will do them. We can't move mountains with our own effort no matter how much effort we muster up. God must move those things.

Jesus said...

"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me." - John 14:1 ESV

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6 ESV

"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it." - John 14:12-14 ESV

This is mustard seed faith. We say the words to God and bury the seed in the ground of the situation. Then God moves as He sees fit to move.

"You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions." - James 4:3 ESV

We can eat it or bury it. It is our choice. I plan to bury seeds this year. I plan to cast my bread out on the water. I plan to mix faith with God's words. These seeds may be small but what a wonder they are once they begin to grow.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment