Monday, January 4, 2016

Saved By The Arm Of Grace

Is there anyone among us that doesn't want to be strong?

"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NKJV

I think we all make a shift when we walk by faith.

"And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me." - 2 Corinthians 12:7-8 NKJV

The Gospel message brought trouble also. Paul was given a weakness.

"When the man saw that he did not prevail against Jacob, he touched his hip socket, and Jacob's hip was put out of joint as he wrestled with him... The sun rose upon him as he passed Penuel, limping because of his hip. Therefore to this day the people of Israel do not eat the sinew of the thigh that is on the hip socket, because he touched the socket of Jacob's hip on the sinew of the thigh." - Genesis 32:25, 31-32 ESV

Jacob wrestled with God and walked with a limp for the rest of his life. Jacob was a liar before he wrestled with God. He used words to maximize appearances. But God changed him after that experience. He had something else to boast about.

God had a whole nation refrain from eating a portion of animal in honor of what happened to Jacob.

Grace really is amazing. I don't want it to be eclipsed by my strength. We may feel less adequate because of our weakness. We may think it hinders us because we seem to have fewer choices.

"Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:11-13 ESV

Our infirmity make us learn this again for this new season of our life. None of us has ever lived in 2016 before.

"At the end of three days the officers went through the camp and commanded the people, 'As soon as you see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God being carried by the Levitical priests, then you shall set out from your place and follow it. Yet there shall be a distance between you and it, about 2,000 cubits in length. Do not come near it, in order that you may know the way you shall go, for you have not passed this way before.' " - Joshua 3:2-4 ESV

In our weakness we must let God go before us and open up the river so that we can pass over. There is no other way for the Jordan river to open up. If we were strong we would try to forge the river using our own strength but in faith even the smallest and weakest will pass over chilly Jordan.

"The LORD has bared his holy arm before the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God." - Isaiah 52:10 ESV

Jesus is the arm of God. He reached into time and space to save us. He will reach in again and again using this same arm to preserve us also.

If I only have a few option I want to make good choices. I choose to believe God and trust him once again today. He Is my Rock. He Is my Salvation.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment