Friday, August 22, 2014

I Stand At The Door And Knock

"At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps, and I will punish the men who are complacent, those who say in their hearts, 'The LORD will not do good, nor will he do ill.'" - Zephaniah 1:12 ESV

The Hebrew there for complacent is a phrase 'that are settled on their lees' and it is talking about wine silt that hardens on the bottom of the bottle from lack of movement.

If communion is active, the wine bottle is moved to pour out wine, and bread is broken.. then God's work will not be invisible. Passivity remakes God in our own image as passive.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me." - Revelation 3:20 ESV

--

No comments:

Post a Comment