Tuesday, August 19, 2014

God's Thoughts Not Our Emotions

We are used to believing based on how we feel 'but doing the work of God' is basing our actions on how God thinks. That is where the freedom is going to be found.

"Jesus answered them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, you are seeking me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate your fill of the loaves. Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal.' Then they said to him, 'What must we do, to be doing the works of God?' Jesus answered them, 'This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent... Jesus said to them, 'I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.' " - John 6:26-29, 35-40 ESV

A full belly gives us nice emotions but Jesus says, 'Look at me the sent One. How do I think?' He is the embodiment of grace and truth. He is the doorway out of the trap and into the freedom. He loses nothing. He loses no one. Even heading to the cross and a brutal necessary death He says this because He believed the One sending Him was faithful.

Go ahead and weight the options. Your emotions will point you in the direction of where you can be fed. Jesus goes to cross not a breakfast table.

That is why fasting is good for us at times. It is not to punish our self in denial. It is to free us to think clearly because we have already established that we will deny our belly for a little while. Now we can make some decisions with God that deny our belly also.

"For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, whom we proclaimed among you, Silvanus and Timothy and I, was not Yes and No, but in him it is always Yes. For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory." - 2 Corinthians 1:19-20 ESV

Liberty is saying 'YES' to God. But our old man is double minded if our belly is in charge.

The food isn't the problem. Food is good. God gives us food. Our old self dependent nature with it's politics and complexity is the problem.

Faith is simple. Listen and buy in. Watch what God is doing and do it with Him. Seek and find. Knock and the door will be opened. Fall backwards into God's arms. Fear will be conquered and courage will be born in faith.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment