Thursday, January 16, 2014

Starting In Stillness

It is a quiet morning and I am quiet also. There are things to do and I do them but my mind is clear and still like an early morning lake is clear and still. I am at peace.

Yesterday was busy... the day before also. The coming weekend ahead has totally changed. My great friend's mother has gone home to be with the Lord and now I will make a smaller journey to a different city go be there to hold my friend's hand and say goodbye.

In my stillness I pray for my friend. I am still and confident in God's power... in God's love.

"Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" - Psalms 46:10 ESV

Yes.

"And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15b ESV

There has been a change in venue... a grace adjustment has been made but the God I am oriented on is the God of all grace. The one who loves me without condition. The one who saved me completely by His power. The one who showed me the work of His Son and gave me a choice. In freedom He gently persuades me in things that I have little interest in and also things I have great desire for.

I am at peace. The God I am involved with is not the God of my ancestors circumstances nor is He the God of the Heathen land I live in now. He Is peace and I am at peace in Him.

Soon the day will be very full again. More changes... more work... more decisions to be made. The lake will ripple with activity but now here in the stillness I have made a choice. It is the same choice I made for the first time over 20 years ago.

Seeing the King... I rely on His strength... Seeing the cross I count on Christ's payment... His blood has purchased my pardon and blotted out my past... I take the cup of salvation and drink deep... The life I live now is His Life... any faith I possess is His faith... in freedom I choose to move forward.

--

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Pastor Allan. This was like a drop of fresh water on my soul, this morning, in the quiet stillness of my room. So good… As I start in stillness, I will stand in His strength and I will not be moved.

    ReplyDelete