Saturday, January 11, 2014

Recompence Of Reward

"Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward" Hebrews 10:35 KJV

What has value? Where is the great reward? It depends on our value system doesn't it. If we value money then riches are a good reward. If it is honor then honor is good. Maybe it is social change... or the future generation. All those things have value.

In the grace economy faith is the thing that leverages future rewards. The justified person must live in and by faith. A choice is made to invest. There is some dotted line we mentally sign. It is an investment that may often be misunderstood by others but the payoff will come one day.

Faith can be like a retirement fund, a spiritual 401K.. we can't spend it now but the reward will be there later.

I spent a lot of mental time praying for people and thinking about situations today... some situations are ones that I can participate in and others are far from my reach... I can't make decisions for people but I can love, pray, believe and help in different ways as God gives ability and opportunity.

Does that kind of faith have value? I believe it does and because of that I can rest in the knowledge that God is moving and will move.


--

No comments:

Post a Comment