Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Posting Helpful Things / Touching The Hem Of His Garment

I believe that if I can just touch Jesus then HE will sort things out...

"And behold, a woman who had suffered from a discharge of blood for twelve years came up behind him and touched the fringe of his garment, for she said to herself, 'If I only touch his garment, I will be made well.' Jesus turned, and seeing her he said, 'Take heart, daughter; your faith has made you well.' And instantly the woman was made well." - Matthew 9:20-22 ESV

I believe that for you also. I don't need to correct all your 'wrong' ideas. If I can just say something helpful that connects you to HIM. He Is going to sort it all out.

Connecting to Jesus can't be all subjective (Prayer, Silence, Meditation, talking it out, etc...). It must be objective also... The Bible. The subjective ways have an 'etc' but the objective one doesn't. The Bible is the ONLY way to get to know the real Jesus in an objective way.

God gave us this great Book so we could know Him.

He gave us each other so we could be His hands and feet and reveal that the Bible is the way to know Him. We can pray together and learn together and sing together. We can laugh and cry together. We can go together into all the world or just down the street and meet our neighbors.

I have over 1000 friends on facebook and I try to visit people's walls sometimes to see what they are posting. Some are great... pictures, funny things, helpful articles or videos. Then there are other folks who just seem to use facebook as a way to rant and vent... what they post has no likes and I can't like it either because it just isn't edifying... I try not to be judgmental but I do think... I hope this person has friends and has fun... I hope what is on this person's wall isn't a reflection of their moment to moment thought life and that this is just a back closet for them to throw all their junk.

Life is so short. I often need to find Jesus and touch the hem of His garment. I need to touch Heaven and i hope you find what I post here helpful. That is why I post it.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment