Tuesday, August 30, 2022

HE Is The Hero

Jesus is the real hero
Not me
I get the privilege of knowing HIM

Beware of theologies and philosophies that put you at the center and rely on your performance to progress. They are false.

"Paul, a prisoner for Christ Jesus, and Timothy our brother, To Philemon our beloved fellow worker and Apphia our sister and Archippus our fellow soldier, and the church in your house: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." - Philemon 1:1-3 ESV

Great perspective there...

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor. For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building." - 1 Corinthians 3:6-9 ESV

We get to collaborate... co-labor

The Bible calls us stewards... we care for something because that is a role we have been given by the real hero of the story.

In this context i can define these words this way
Humility - I am not the hero. I can function in excellence because I know the excellent One
Meekness - I come under the authority of the hero so that I won't be deceived into functioning like a villain

--

No comments:

Post a Comment