Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Cast All Those Cares

Doing a bunch of 'care casting' today...

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:6-7 ESV

As a man I have responsibilities and the best way for me to be responsible is to to be 'carefree'... burdenless... buoyant.

I am throwing all the 'weights' I carry like someone out in right field throwing the ball to stop a runner from getting on base.

I'm aiming them at Jesus. I'm not telling Him to take away my responsibility. I'm just giving Him the weight of my responsibility and asking for guidance, direction, creativity and provision. Grace makes us float. It allows us to fly by riding the currents of God's mind.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen." - 1 Peter 5:6-11 ESV

That roaring lion wants you burdened down... afraid... isolated.

A firm faith keeps us light on our feet, nimble, smart and unpredictable.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment