Friday, February 23, 2018

Secrets Revealed

I wasn't going to write every day this week. I planned to just read my Bible and work on my other project but what I'm reading and seeing in the scripture and in my times with God is so good.

"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever..." - Deuteronomy 29:29a ESV

We went over "You have heard that it was said... But I say to you..." and now I am looking at "Truly, I say unto you..." and they are like secrets given to us.

"And when you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by others but by your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." - Matthew 6:16-21 ESV

The Father will reward me?!? What. Wow!

Is this a prosperity message? No. If you know me you know how I feel about that. That message is a sham setting people up for disappointment. This is the real reward. Intimacy. Conversation with the creator. Love. Trust. A shared memory.

"Truly, I say to you, it will be more bearable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah than for that town." - Matthew 10:15 ESV

Really Jesus? I'm leaning in to hear your thoughts. This isn't an opinion. This is perspective from outside time and space. It is a secret but it isn't some dark mysticism that sounds like a promise of power when it is really a carrot dangling in front of us with a cardboard backdrop painted to look like our wildest dreams will come true.

Oh God... I long to know the words written in red... people are dying and living in "You have heard that it was said... " knowledge thinking it is all there is but Jesus came to Earth to touch a common thing and show us the reality that exists beyond the grasp of our natural mind. We as little dust mites can do divine mathematics because we have been given identities hidden in the One who came and uttered "Truly, I say unto you..." statements that have been recorded in a book... give us a mind to memorize them and a heart and hunger to love them and share them...

"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven..." - Matthew 18:3b ESV

"Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." - Matthew 18:18 ESV

"For truly, I say to you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to Christ will by no means lose his reward." - Mark 9:41 ESV

"Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it." - Mark 10:15 ESV

Those who wonder at the words of Christ and receive Him and the work He did on the cross will enter in. He will usher them in and speak to them through His book and then one day face to face. Amazing.

I didn't make the progress that I had hoped I would on my project this week. If God puts it in your heart please pray for us this weekend. I want to reach people with the Gospel. I want others to have an opportunity given to them to enter in that will reach them where they are living in a format that they might receive.

~ ~ You are loved

--

No comments:

Post a Comment