Thursday, February 22, 2018

A Messy Prayer Time

Shamelessly begging God this morning for people and places... for marriages and young men and women who are in trouble... asking every way I know How. Bugging Him. Pleading. Demanding He come through like a son who feels like His Father's reputation is on the line. Looking for loopholes. Reminding Him of scriptural accounts where He helped and saved people. I'm demanding supplies like an army unit on the frontline of the battle. If He were a flesh and blood person on Earth He might say, 'Get yourself together. You are barely making sense right now.' and hang up the phone but I know He won't. I know He hears. He sees my hearts cry. He sees my tears. My desires are small compared to His.

Along with prayers for others is mingled in a deep desire that He not let me be a mediocre man witnessing hardship around me but doing very little or being ineffective in my efforts. The least I can do is get on my knees but what comes next? How do I act? I run ideas by Him and make suggestions. I plan phone calls and set some money and time aside in my schedule so I can go or give.

Why even write this and tell you? In a way these posts are like notes in a bottle cast into the ocean. Today this is a small note saying. 'It can be this way sometimes.' or 'You can talk to God this way also.' it doesn't have to happen only in the time of emergency.

No. No. No. No. A thousand 'no's. To the hardships and troubles and isolation. If there is a way I want to find it with God. There are a million 'Yes's and 'Amen's in Him. He can make a way where this is no way. He brings the stream to the desert.

No offence but I am done talking to you folks this morning. I need to pound on God's door now for a few more precious minutes...

--

1 comment:

  1. Seasons of prayer are so interesting aren't they? At times there is a calm confidence and others the petition seems to boil over out of you and compassion filled with urgency accompanies hot tears.

    I have confidence that I have what I've asked for when there is doctrine to back it up. If a stubborn or blinded person is involved it can be mixed bag. I know God hears but the people still need to choose and I don't believe God overwhelms our volition.

    The scripture teaches us that there are some things that we lack because we never asked and all we had to do was ask once. So I want to ask and understand the balance that not everything works that way. God is sovereign and often healing involves that sovereignty. He heals those who never ask for it and He doesn't heal people 10,000 people are praying for. He Is God. He sees and knows everything. So I will plead for the souls of people. I will beg for them shamelessly sometimes like this morning. He is gracious and I know He understands.

    Perhaps my petition will mean something I don't fully understand in the angelic contest because I am one of His ambassadors here on Earth. Then later all the tears will make perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete