Tuesday, March 21, 2017

God's Method Of Supply

This is a good 'memory verse'.

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:19 ESV

The word translated 'need' is chreia (Strong's G5532) and it is more of a business need or necessity related to supply and demand.

God meets every 'transactional demand' with the 'abundant outward possessions' of His 'actual character on display' in Christ Jesus.

That is mysterious and wonderful if we let that statement sink in. Here is the context of the passage.

"Yet it was kind of you to share my trouble. And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only. Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once and again. Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit. I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God. And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:14-19 ESV

Paul was hoping all the Churches would work together and give a little to help the work. That way no one would be overburdened. Good plan. It made sense. It didn't go that way. No one helped and when the Philippians found out they took on a large burden and showed Paul great almost uncomfortable love. God was glorified in their sacrifical love.

Paul was saying that it was going to be that way for them also. Needs 'to do Gospel business' were going to be met but in mysterious ways.

Perhaps things haven't gone the way you planned? Take heart... and get used to it. {smile}

--

No comments:

Post a Comment