Saturday, July 9, 2016

Pearls Before Swine

I'm going on outreach today but I had a quick thought I've been meditating on as I think and pray about talking to people today.

Have you ever been frustrated or perplexed about something and spoken to someone only to find yourself more frustrated and perplexed afterwards? I have. Perhaps the person you spoke to wanted to help but it was just the wrong time to talk or the person had a frame of reference that was not helpful.

If someone comes to me and they need to talk I want to be ready.

"Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you. Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened." - Matthew 7:6-8 ESV

I guess what I am saying is that I don't want to be a swine when someone is sharing things that matter to them. I need to go to God first and cast my care on Him and get his mind on something... anything He wants to give me. Whatever crumbs He wants to give are more than good enough. If I knock and have a thought from Heaven to chew on then I can be in the flow for all the things He has ever given me to rise to the surface of my mind. Then when I run into someone who is at a crossroads the door into eternal perspective will already be clearly in sight by faith.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' " - John 14:6 ESV

Yes. The maker of all things also has a resolution for all perplexities. Will we be dogs or grace and mercy people who carry seed that will produce an eternal harvest?

--

No comments:

Post a Comment