Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Absence And Presence

We are home on the last day of our vacation preparing to go back to work and emptying suitcases.

My thought was on how Jesus' absence creates opportunities for people and His presence brings in accountability.

"Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country..." - Matthew 21:33 KJV

"And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made [them] other five talents. And likewise he that [had received] two, he also gained other two. But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money." - Matthew 25:15-18 KJV

When the householder is away there is a window of opportunity and people show their true colors. Time is a commodity. It can either be wasted or invested.

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." - Psalm 16:11 ESV

"...And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b ESV

Jesus is with us even when He is not physically present. He is at least for those that know Him. One day He will return and accountability will come with Him.

Today I sense the presence of God in my life. I am as grateful for that as I am to have eyes that see and ears that hear. Sensing Him brings accountability to holiness. Knowing grace I don't strive because of that accountability I rest in it. God is here and everything is alright in my Father's house.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment