Friday, December 4, 2015

Whisper His Name

"I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name." - Revelation 3:8 ESV

Wow. This comforts me this morning. Some mornings we seem to have such little strength but God sees us and what we do with the little we seem to have.

I often think it is what we do with little strength that counts most. We use our little strength to review what God says and what God has done. God's name is His character and we can't do much at times but we can live not denying His name.

I have never been imprisoned for my faith. I imagine that if you have been in that place for awhile you think things like this, 'God I have little strength but I'm not going to deny You today.'

Changing the world is a lofty goal. Impacting our community is an amazing undertaking. Being salt and light in our family is honorable....

Who becomes a person who does these things?

I think Heaven's records will unveil names we never heard of before. We will see weak people who kept God's word close to them and in key circumstances refused to deny His name.

"To the present hour we hunger and thirst, we are poorly dressed and buffeted and homeless, and we labor, working with our own hands. When reviled, we bless; when persecuted, we endure; when slandered, we entreat. We have become, and are still, like the scum of the world, the refuse of all things. I do not write these things to make you ashamed, but to admonish you as my beloved children." - 1 Corinthians 4:11-14 ESV

Yes.

Be encouraged and whisper the name of Jesus. All you have may be a whisper but His Name is enough to move mountains. He has done all the heavy lifting... We just lift up His name.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment