Friday, December 18, 2015

A Wise And Loyal Friend

It is great to have people that, 'Have your back.' and when they show up in a crisis it makes you breath a sigh of relief because you know you can trust their judgement and you know that they are for you and not against you.

Loyalty and wisdom is a great combination.

In my experience people who are against us are really out for themselves or have a cause that excludes us. We can see this in people's relationships with God in the scriptures also.

"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." - Matthew 12:30-32 ESV

Wow. What a strong statement. This transcends personal loyalty. Jesus was wise and always loyal to His Heavenly Father. That meant that He was always in tune with the Spirit of God.

"Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged." - John 16:7-11 ESV

People make many claims about what The Spirit of God is doing but it is given to us right here.

I think it's interesting that even though Jesus was and Is perfect He said that if people have a 'word against Him' that He wasn't going to hold those words against a person.

Let's have each others backs in situations as wise loyal spiritual people. That means being in tune to the Spirit of Love and Grace. We might not always agree with people but we can agree with God and that will make us into people who can handle things with discretion.

The weak and sick people were happy to see Jesus. He was a thorn in the side of those who were working their own angle.

"When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next, for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes. A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. It is enough for the disciple to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign those of his household. So have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known." - Matthew 10:23-26 ESV

This is an end time prophecy but it has principles that apply to us now.

There are more homes to visit. I don't want to amplify attitudes that exclude, demean and attack. I just want to have people's back. There will be some that respond to that and see Jesus in it.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment