Wednesday, December 16, 2015

We Shall Be Changed

"Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality." - 1 Corinthians 15:51-53 ESV

Wow. What a promise.

There is a moment we can all look forward to when everything will shift. Broken things will be fixed. Incomplete things will be made complete. Short sighted people will hear a sound from Heaven and be baptized into perspective.

I personally feel that there are many great things to look forward to but this one day is high on my list. Worship will move to the forefront of our minds because the resurrection of Christ will become crystal clear.

If the Bible is true, and it is, then this is what we have to look forward to.

"For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:9-13 ESV

Faith, Hope and Love. These things won't change. They aren't broken.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment