Friday, August 14, 2015

Experts

I've been thinking about credentials this morning. Jesus didn't begin His ministry until later in life. He was about thirty years old. In that time he had not gone to a prominent school nor did he have titles or degrees that represented Earthly accomplishments.

He healed people and those people became His credentials.

When He spoke His words had authority but He also was a meek humble person who visited tax collectors in their homes and was kind to children. He lived a life that drew people who were interested in what He had to say and offer because He was clearly an expert. All you had to do was spend some time with him.

People want expertise. If they have been around for awhile they value it more and more because they have experienced what it is like when people follow bad advice.

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30 ESV

Most experts will charge a fee of some kind. There is a price you must pay to glean from or profit from their expertise.

God's method is so different. He just says, 'Believe in me.'

Only believe and live in the counsel of resurrection life.

There are people all over the Earth today who have been healed by Jesus. We are His calling cards... ministers of reconciliation. It is an easy yoke and a light burden to bear but it takes up space and leaves no room for anything else.

Are we experts? In what exactly?

I can honestly testify that I have been healed and if you want to meet my doctor I can assure you that He Is glad to take on new patients.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment