Friday, August 7, 2015

A Way Through The Famine

I've been thinking about Joseph a lot the last few days and praying for those I know who are in tight spots.

Isn't it funny that after all that time in prison Joseph didn't have any buddies to bail out after he got out himself. The interpreter of dreams seems like he led a solitary life for long periods of time.

People can lead solitary lives. They work. They plan. They have aspirations that they may not discuss with many people that seem far removed from the life they see in front of them. Some of the hardest times of my life have been when I was out of work knowing that the only money I had in the world was what I had in my pocket and that was only going to last so long. Those are lonely times because you don't want to have to beg or borrow and you are not going to steal but more of something needs to come from somewhere.

Joseph's in prison life was somehow preparation for Joseph's throne life as second only to Pharaoh and manager of the food that would sustain that region through the famine.

Pharaoh dreamed his dream of cows and corn alone.

"And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, In my dream, behold, I stood upon the bank of the river:" - Genesis 41:17 KJV

Pharaoh dreamed he was alone standing on the bank of the river. Joseph knew about being alone and he knew about dreams. Joseph dealt in dreams and it didn't win him any friends but when the going got tough Joseph knew where to turn. God was his friend.

Today, I had a little situation that looked like it could go badly. I cried out to God and I believe He listened and saved me. There was humor in it and everything. It was almost like he was teasing me in a playful way.

God was my friend today. He will be my friend tomorrow. That is grace... really it is

I sit here tonight alone in my thoughts (but connected to God by faith) lifting up marriages, children, job situations and complex issues to God I know that God will be gracious to the people I am praying for also. Some of the people will see His hand in their provision and others won't. That is between them and God... but I know who blesses people. I know who gives and takes away. I have gotten glimpses of His heart and reflections of His thoughts through the account of the life of His Son.

God has a way to get us through the famine.

Good wants to be with us in our solitary times. He wants us to be with Him. He loves us.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment