Monday, August 31, 2015

Enjoying The Light

I don't like listening to people who are trying to persuade themselves as they speak. The instability of a double mind shows through the argument and there is a level of control that is struggling to be established. If they can convince others then maybe they can convince themselves.

The things I am reading about this morning are not things I know. I am delving into areas that I have seen people who are grounded function in but I have not. I'd like to be stronger in my understanding. I'd like to be in a place where I have wisdom to impart but today I would just be convincing you to convince myself.

So instead I'll just be quiet, transparent and let the scriptures I am reading do their work in me and restructure my soul.

"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:" - Isaiah 28:10 KJV

I am glad it isn't a Sunday morning where I am scheduled to stand up in front of a group of people to give a message. Instead I can let the plow of God's word break up the fallow ground of my soul so things can be planted that one day I can share with others.

"He who observes the wind will not sow, and he who regards the clouds will not reap. As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything. In the morning sow your seed, and at evening withhold not your hand, for you do not know which will prosper, this or that, or whether both alike will be good. Light is sweet, and it is pleasant for the eyes to see the sun." - Ecclesiastes 11:4-7 ESV

This morning I am just enjoying the light and letting it do it's work. A heart established in grace can do that without introspection or comparison. God's grace reveals a love that loves us just as we are and gives us room to grow fruitful in places that have been barren.

Thank You God. Turn me and I will be turned. Teach me and I will grow wise. You are God. You are my hope of salvation from circumstances, ignorance and you even save me from myself. Thank You God.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment