Tuesday, April 13, 2021

The Eyes Of A Parent

I'm thinking about bad parents and good parents. Some people love their children in wisdom and others have little capacity for love. A child sees their reflection in the eyes of their parents and sometimes the reflection they see is tainted and untrue.

"You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me." - John 8:44-45 ESV

"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also." - John 14:1-3 ESV

The Devil is a bad Father. His children never find out who they really are. They never know where they stand. He is a gas-lighting narcissist. He is a liar.

God is a good Father. He is 'The Good Father'. In His eyes you discover who you are. You like how you look there. If you forget where you stand He reassures you. You are loved. When you go far away and come back He runs out to greet you and pile on gifts you don't deserve that He has set aside just for you.

You and i don't really know who we are. We must discover who we really are in kind loving eyes that are wise. Some people never discover their identity. They just run from one thing to the next looking to fill a hole that grows ever larger.

Don't forget to look up today and make sure you stay in touch with those wise humans on Earth that care for your soul. They are rare treasures... and remember... the Devil is a liar.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment