Tuesday, March 23, 2021

For Or Against

Matthew 12:30 ESV - "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters."

This is the passage I woke up with on my mind.

I remember as a young man I was 'against' many things and people. I spent a lot of time talking about and reasoning as to why thing were 'wrong' and unfair. I knew people who talk mostly about things they were 'for' and it was good to be with them at times but even then I could be 'against' them because I thought their positive outlook was naive and ill informed.

The Gospel is an all 'for' message. It proclaims that God has made a provision for us based on what His Son accomplished on the cross. There are no negatives. It is not against anything or anyone. It is all 'good news'.

Jesus is polarizing. If you don't gather with Him you will scatter. I've seen it happen again and again with people and in my own life.

If I stop gathering with God I become a critic of everyone and everything including myself.

If I gather with Him and rehearse the good news I have hope.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment