Friday, April 30, 2021

There In Our Midst

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." - Matthew 18:20 KJV

Yesterday I was at Starbucks with a few brothers in Christ who I often evangelize with. One of them had been a missionary in Australia for a few years. He told us a story about a man in one of the Churchs there that had a chalk ministry. He didn't speak well because of years of working in harsh conditions. This man went all around the city he lived in and wrote 'ETERNITY' down on the side walks. A news agency went looking for who was doing this and when they found him they did a big 'write up' on his life.

We had never heard this particular story and of course in my mind I starting thinking about present day applications. Could this, or something like it, be done in my city? How would that work?

The missionary gets a video call from Australia. He is thrilled to talk to the man and so are we. This man was there for some of the other stories we had heard many times.

Then the man says something like, 'I think I'm going to start a chalk ministry. Remember old so and so and how he used to write on the side walks? I think I may start doing that here.' We all explode in 'Wows' and tell him that we just heard that story for the first time twenty minutes before he called.

God is there when we meet. He Is letting us in on secret things in interesting ways.

We all knew that was God. If His 'name' (identity, character, nature, etc...) are why we are together He Is there also. He gives us answers to questions we have not formed yet in our minds. The communication of the Word of God clarifies our individual and 'corporate' (group) relationships with Him. Prayers uttered in those settings have the context of Christ being there listening and participating in the group dynamic.

I might say to one of the guys there, 'Would you look at my car before we leave? I need your input.' and he would say yes or no but likely yes.

We say to God, 'Would you heal my sister before we leave?' and He might just say yes. Yes and Amen. He Is right there.

"Can two walk together without agreeing to meet? " - Amos 3:3 CSB

We agreed to meet in Jesus' name and He showed up. Thank you God.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment