Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Are They A Soul Winner?

"As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry." - 2 Timothy 4:5 ESV

I see a finger pointing right at me in this passage.

"I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry." - 2 Timothy 4:1-5 ESV

A teacher who teaches but doesn't evangelize isn't worth very much. You may say, 'That isn't their ministry'... perhaps but if that is so I don't need to be their student. They may be able to teach you some things but they can't teach you the things that will allow you to 'fulfill your ministry'.

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal." - 1 Corinthians 13:1 ESV

The internet isn't the place to find this out. Going out on the street with the person is where you will see this. Watching them greet people at the door and loving them is where you will see this. 

I often hear these quotes that sound good but I wonder... 'Is this person a soul winner or just a page turner?'... until I get that question answered I take it all 'with a grain of salt.'

I don't think any of us need two dozen teachers... just a few who win souls.

If I stop evangelizing stop listening to me. It will just be past tense and theoretical. I hope to win the nurse to Christ who is wiping the sweat off my brow on my deathbed. If that changes read someone else's posts that has that mindset.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment