Thursday, January 3, 2019

Come Down

Issues from 2018 seem to want to follow me into 2019. I really wish they wouldn't but 'here they are' so I remind myself that there are new mercies this morning. They are not just for the new year. They are new daily and I can choose to respond and not react to these particular circumstances.

I don't feel strong. I am leaning on God's strength.

I don't feel wise. God Is wise and I have access to His objective wisdom in the Bible and it's subjective application by the Holy Spirit.

I don't feel rich but I know that I am rich in 100 ways. I'm free. I have another day. God is my supply.

"O let not the oppressed return ashamed: let the poor and needy praise thy name." - Psalm 74:21 KJV

"But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God." - Psalm 40:17 KJV

"For he delivers the needy when he calls, the poor and him who has no helper. He has pity on the weak and the needy, and saves the lives of the needy. From oppression and violence he redeems their life, and precious is their blood in his sight." - Psalm 72:12-14 ESV

My motivation does not come from what I don't have.

"And behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus. He was a chief tax collector and was rich. And he was seeking to see who Jesus was, but on account of the crowd he could not, because he was small in stature. So he ran on ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see him, for he was about to pass that way. And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up and said to him, 'Zacchaeus, hurry and come down, for I must stay at your house today.' " - Luke 19:2-5 ESV

I am over six foot tall but I often feel like this man. Zacchaeus was the CHIEF tax collector. He 'climbed' into that position just like he climbed that tree. Climbing was his method but Jesus commanded that he descend so that there could be communion. Jesus isn't a climber and in order to meet Him, we need to descend not ascend.

We go low to meet these challenges.

I'll dig in the dirt and sow seeds. I'll ask God to teach me like a person who knows nothing and has to start from scratch. I am confident that the issues that follow me now will be resolved. They are not who I am.

God has and will redeem my life... and your life also. Come down from the tree to meet Him. He is calling for you.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment