Thursday, December 20, 2018

Formed By Love

One of the things that impressed me most about the Church that invested in me before I received Christ were the children.

"We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. Whoever does not love abides in death." - 1 John 3:14 ESV

"Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law." - Romans 13:8 ESV

"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." - John 13:35 ESV

There was love in that place and the children there looked you in the face. I can't say all of them were perfect well-adjusted people. I didn't know all of them. I just saw some of them at certain times and those few encounters impressed me.

I didn't grow up that way.

The love that I saw in those children long ago has made its way into my life. Jesus came in and cleaned house. Much remodelling has taken place over those years. I look people in the eyes now. I hope they see the love there. It is flowing in my heart and life because of God.

"And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord." - Ephesians 6:4 KJV

I think the KJV says it best for this passage. This 'nurture' is a brand that can't be counterfeited. Jesus is the ingredient that makes the difference.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment