Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Drink

Thirst and dehydration.

We are back in that season where I need to have water right on the nightstand. I need that water even though I don't wake up thirsty. The heat needed to keep my dwelling place comfortable also pulls the water right out of the air.

"...As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?" - Psalm 42:1b-2 ESV

Yes.

Our soul needs God like the deer pants after running and looks for that cool water. Perhaps he or she has been running for its life away from a predator and didn't take a calculated path. It just runs until no one is chasing anymore and now that deer needs water.

Drink now. You need it and so do i. Drink of God's mercy. Sip on His enlightened point of view. Your soul needs it much more than you think it does.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment