Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Circulating Movement

Many thoughts this morning.

There is one conversation I participated in on outreach this weekend that sticks out in my mind. We were talking briefly about the human lymphatic system. Our heart pumps red blood cells throughout our body but our lymphatic system has no pump. It works primarily on muscle movement bringing white blood cells to where they are needed in the body.

"...for we walk by faith, not by sight." - 2 Corinthians 5:7 ESV

God has accomplished a great salvation for mankind.

At rest, my heart will still keep pumping oxygen and nutrients all through my body but my body wasn't made to be idle. We need to keep moving by faith in a purpose. That walking movement is needed.

Perhaps we tend to focus on goals and results and that has a place in our life but what about just moving by faith in the moment?

I need outreach. I am there for others but at the same time outreach provides a focused area to operate by faith in God's declared will.

"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost." - Luke 19:10 ESV

It might be a neighborhood or even this generation of young people that are being raised up in front of our faces that become our focus but we can move with God and all that we have is circulating in our proactive endeavors.

"As I remember your tears, I long to see you, that I may be filled with joy. I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well. For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." - 2 Timothy 1:4-7 ESV

I plan to keep moving this week. I don't want to do it in vanity. I want to have God move me as I move by faith.

God, Please stir us up in love and motivate us to move in a redemptive vision. No striving but we want to progress in a progression that blesses You as we walk by faith.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment