Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Touch That Gives Words

I find that I have certain 'pet doctrines'. They are things I like to talk about and I could go on endlessly about them.

But then I remember the old men at the nursing home with their practiced accounts. I would go and hear the same tales again and again. Sometimes with more embellishments and sometimes less. If I live that long I will be old like those men but I want to have words from God and not just polished accounts that I pull out again and again.

If we know God then we are ambassadors for Him. We don't retire from that role. That means we need to be up on current events. Our conversation must be engaging. We are people who 'have the power to make an offer of amnesty.'

We open God's book and find Jesus. In prayer we quiet our minds and listen. We bring issues to our sovereign about the the places we are sent to.

"Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD. Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth." - Jeremiah 1:8-9 KJV

No. I won't have pet doctrines that I give to people again and again. I need the touch that gives me words.

This body may grow old but the touch never grows old.

Those men in the nursing home do have wisdom. I love to listen to them... but I want what I have to be fresh.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment