Thursday, May 5, 2016

The Words Of Psalm 119

"[Aleph] Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the LORD! Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart, who also do no wrong, but walk in his ways!" - Psalm 119:1-3 ESV

I'm reading Psalm 119 this morning. It is a long Psalm. One hundred and seventy six verses long and it's main theme is the love of God's communicated word.

After looking around I finally found a guide that was in a Bible given to me right after I became a believer that broke down seven key words in this Psalm.

Law
Testimony
Precepts
Statute
Commandment
Judgments
Words

I think I'm going to study each of these words out and include a few more and make a bookmark to put in my Bible so that whenever I approach this Psalm I'll be able to easily reference the meaning of the each word. I might include a couple more like 'ordinances' and 'ways' for good measure.

The way we walk in can be the way of God's mind. That is the way of blessing. We can keep his testimonies. Those are the accounts of His great exploits. If we know how He thinks then we will seek Him because His thinking is wonderful. His gracious thoughts are what our heart and soul long for. If we know how to think then we will be able to make good decisions. Our thinking will become sound and our judgement will be a reflection of His judgement.

Good thinking. It is vital. We live in a world filled with ideas that are built in the sand but a person who studies the God of the Bible can have a sound mind.

There are many things to praise God for but this is something that causes me to praise Him this morning.

Help us God. Weed out the thoughts that are based on a wrong foundation. Help us to think in the light and make decisions that have stability, mercy and holiness woven into their fabric. Show us the answers and how to ask our questions. Thank You God. We long to think with You and converse in agreement and communion. Thank You God.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment