Friday, April 1, 2016

Many Tears Wiped Away

I just had a wave of thankfulness to God in my prayer time as I remembered last Saturday's outreach time.

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." - Revelation 21:4 KJV

It is hard to know the difference between an empty confession and a confession with a conversion but if there is a confession there is hope for a conversion.

"...because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, 'Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.' " - Romans 10:9-11 ESV

Only God knows and sees the heart.

If we confess with our lips while believing in the center of our being then all tears will be wiped from our eyes.

I got to be a witness to a few mustard seed confessions last Saturday. A seed so small going into the ground doesn't look like much but that seed grows into something fragrant and great.

"Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents." - Luke 15:10 ESV

I gave a man I dearly love a hug at Church on Sunday after a tender exchange where we both got a little teary-eyed and He said, 'I'm 78. I cry more now.' and I said, 'I'm much younger than you and I cry more also.'

I will one day have all my tears wiped away and I am confident that many of the people I have had the privilege of praying with over the years will all be having their tears wiped away also at the same time. Sure some prayed to get rid of me but others prayed believing and those who believed have this promise given to them.

Thank you God. Life can get complicated. Anger flares. Tears are shed. We wonder at puzzles and complexities but this is a simple promise and a beautiful one. Because of You we have hope that one day everything we go through will be worth it.

Hebrews 11:35 speaks about a 'better resurrection' for those that hold unto hope and live in their called instead of denying it in passivity. It is for those who choose to live in who God has made them to be instead of in who they once were.

God help us. Give us the courage to walk as ministers of reconciliation. We want to see many many tears wiped away on that promised day.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment