Thursday, November 12, 2015

Specific Wisdom

I was thinking this morning about specific reliance upon God... having real proactive reliance where we are seeking Him for specific answers and provisions in circumstances.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world." - 1 Peter 5:6-9 ESV

"This God - his way is perfect; the word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him. For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God? -  the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your right hand supported me, and your gentleness made me great. You gave a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip." - Psalm 18:30-36 ESV

Maybe we have been conditioned to mentally beat ourselves up or lament our inability but we can revenge that kind of thinking with faith obedience. We can live saying to God, 'God. Teach me how to do this. I am looking for your wisdom and I believe You will show me something today.'

Faith is the blameless way because faith has integrity and accountability.

"And a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the Way of Holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it. It shall belong to those who walk on the way; even if they are fools, they shall not go astray. No lion shall be there, nor shall any ravenous beast come up on it; they shall not be found there, but the redeemed shall walk there. And the ransomed of the LORD shall return and come to Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." - Isaiah 35:8-10 ESV

The highway of holiness is the path of worship and faith reliance. It is walking in a life of expectation. Fools can be redirected there on that highway.

Hard tasks become easier when a professional shows you how to do something. If that coach stays with you until you get a handle on the technique and checks in on you from time to time you begin to look like an expert also.

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you... These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you." - John 14:16-17, 25-26 ESV

The Greek word translated helper (or comforter) is parakletos (Strong's G3875). He is here indwelling us to be our coach and defense attorney. He never leaves us or forsakes us. If we lean on the Father in the name of the Son the Spirit will be our support. If we ask the Father in specifics the Spirit will reveal details and methods.

This kind of a mindset coupled with a willingness to open and explore the Bible is a powerful combination.

"You do not have, because you do not ask." - James 4:2b ESV

Thank You God. It is amazing what You have taught me over the years. Today I want to learn. I want to learn how to love. I want to learn how to communicate. Show me how to be a good steward. There are new challenges and I need specific wisdom. Help God. I ask and I know you will answer. Thank You God.

Please help all those who are reading this and asking for Your wisdom. Bless them richly with specifics today and in the weeks to come. Thank You God.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment