Monday, November 16, 2015

High Value

We are just as valuable to God the Father as the Son of God is.

"And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him." - John 14:21b ESV

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love." - John 15:9 ESV

Jesus was and Is a representation of God the Father's love and we have become important by association. Believers are His entourage. Where He goes... we go also.

People might say, 'Isn't this true of everyone? Doesn't God love the whole world?'

Yes, God Is love... but God does not know the whole world.

"And someone said to him, 'Lord, will those who are saved be few?'

And he said to them, 'Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. When once the master of the house has risen and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, 'Lord, open to us,' then he will answer you, 'I do not know where you come from.'

Then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.'

But he will say, 'I tell you, I do not know where you come from. Depart from me, all you workers of evil!'

In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God but you yourselves cast out." - Luke 13:23-28 ESV

I want to let people know that they are invited and that there is no limit to God's love but there is a time limit for how long that narrow way will be open. Once through that door there is identity, acceptance and fellowship. Outside of it there is weeping and 'gnashing of teeth.'

--

No comments:

Post a Comment