Sunday, February 8, 2015

Some Thoughts From The Bible Study / Birthday Party Last Night

"He left Judea and departed again for Galilee. And he had to pass through Samaria. So he came to a town of Samaria called Sychar, near the field that Jacob had given to his son Joseph. Jacob's well was there; so Jesus, wearied as he was from his journey, was sitting beside the well. It was about the sixth hour. A woman from Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, 'Give me a drink.' " (For his disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.)" - John 4:3-8 ESV

God gave me this passage on the way to the party last night. A strange passage for such an occasion. But when you think about it birthdays are stops on our trip from here to there.

The Spirit of God gives John, the writer of this book, awareness of the landmarks in that area. Those details are given to us. We are not the first to go from here to there.

On the way God gives us redemptive appointments. The disciples left to get provisions but Jesus was confident that God would supply the 'meat and drink' and that is where He meets the woman at the well.

That birthday party was my well last night. There was nourishment there. I didn't have the equipment to get the water out myself. I brought the little that I had and so did everyone else and God multiplied the provision.

We didn't leave thirsty or hungry. Jacob's well is my well. It hasn't run dry nor will it ever run dry.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment