Saturday, January 24, 2015

Asking Permission

I used to ask God's permission all the time.

We ask permission to use something that isn't ours but if something is given fully to us then we don't need to ask permission.

I think many times we ask God's permission when is fact He has given us authority to do things. I don't ask if I can come into God's throne room. I just go in.

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." - Hebrews 4:16 KJV

People treat God like He is their boss. That is what the word Lord means. But our King is our Father and our Saviour is our brother that is why He calls us brethren.

"And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea." - Mark 9:42 KJV

"Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand." - Romans 14:4 ESV

"'All things are lawful,' but not all things are helpful. 'All things are lawful,' but not all things build up." - 1 Corinthians 10:23 ESV

"Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." - Luke 12:32 ESV

We have no right to judge someone or to act as if someone else's life belongs to us. Those are clear boundaries.

It is funny. I'll ask my friend if I can borrow his car, my boss if I can take time off and my neighbor if I want to put a sign in his lawn but God has already given me permission for everything He wants me to be able to do. I don't need to ask.

Tyranny is when people demand we ask for something that God has given us a right have. Tyranny should be answered with protest and not submission.

What is His will? His will is for us to live in grace and thank Him always for the permission He has already given us. His will is that we possess our possessions and give the words and authority that has made us free to others so that they can be free also.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment