Friday, September 26, 2014

Weight Distribution

"All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:27-30 ESV

What an offer this is!

A person with a lot going on needs someone to yoke up with. The Father and The Son are perfect together. They know each other like no one else knows each other. The only way Jesus can be the person who says these words is because He was and Is yoked to the Father.

Jesus isn't straightening people out from afar in some high and mighty righteous way. He sees a burdened person and says, 'Yoke up with me and we can get to know each other.'

When I see the burdens people carry and meditate on a real Hell that real people are heading towards I do not want less burdens and to hide away in lightness as people head to destruction. I want to be engaged and active while there is still time. I want to run into the burning building because there are people trapped in there but I can't even begin to do it all on my own. My own weights will weigh me down. I need someone who knows me to be yoked up with me just like firemen need one another to do their part on the team to save lives.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:6-7 ESV

Casting your cares is easy when you are yoked up with Jesus. He is right there beside you. You don't have to go far to find Him.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment