Friday, September 12, 2014

The Cross - The Perfect Place To Die

"But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." - Galatians 6:14 ESV

We often think of the cross as the place where Jesus died. It was the place of a perfect death that left room for a perfect Resurrection.

It is also the place where our old identity died.

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." - Galatians 2:20 ESV

But the focus of Galatians 6 verse 14 is a death to specific events and connections. The world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Oh, This is powerful.

The cross is the perfect place to die TO situations instead of slowly dying IN situations.

Golgotha, The place of the skull, is where the cross was. It was a place people purposely avoided therefor it was a place of isolation and became the place of ultimate isolation because the Father turned His back to His Son there. His Son who had the sins of the whole world was rejected but it is at the cross that Jesus burned a hole in mankind's isolation. In His innocence He defeated death and the grave and forged a path to pass from death into life.

The cross situated in the place where no one wants to go has become a portal, an escape hatch, out of our situations and into God's plan and perspective.

So when people hate you... go to the cross and find escape.
When you hate yourself... go to the cross.
Go everyday.
Go every moment.

When you are trapped in a seamless situation. At the end of your self life is the place you would never want to go there is a portal that drops you into God's hands. A place where your liquid form evaporates and loses it's impurities and returns to the Heavens again.

Die there. It is the perfect place to die. Die at Jesus' cross and live. Bring the situation to Jesus' cross and die to it so that God, in His time, will resurrect you and make you an agent of resurrection in dark places.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment