Thursday, May 30, 2013

Rebound

I love rebound. It starts with a rediscovery of what God thinks and remembrance of what He has done. Grace makes rebound an easy adjustment. It is not something we climb up to get into. It is placed right there where we are. Grace makes us able to bounce back.

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2 KJV

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost" Titus 3:5 KJV

When we are filled with love we have buoyancy and bounce.

"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." Jude 1:21 KJV

"Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, 'YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY.' " - 1 Peter 1:13-16 NASB

Rebound is when we 'fix our hope completely on grace'. It is Christ's work revealed to be perfect for my present circumstance. He is revealed and we are set at ease again.

Someone said to me this weekend that they know Christ is their shepherd but when they are caught up in their emotions they need to hear His voice to settle into rest beside the still waters in green pastures. Once they hear Him they can rest.

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21 ESV

The certain sound of grace causes me to rest. I rebound when I hear it. It fills me and fixes me. It reminds me of what is already done. I stop all doing in that moment and I can just be a believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment