Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Allies, Treaties and Arms Agreements


"I have made a covenant with my eyes; Why then should I look upon a young woman? For what is the allotment of God from above, And the inheritance of the Almighty from on high?" Job 31:1-2 NKJV

I love the scriptures! This is such a deep verse. It is kind of like a treaty with a foreign power. It covers all desire. Looking at a young woman or anything I might covet or lust after is covered. The knowledge of an inheritance keeps sensuality as a whole in check because my senses are regulated.

The new covenant is a like an treaty I have made with a Heavenly foreign power. A decision was made by the rulers of that country (The Trinity) to make peace with me. They sent a peace offering (Christ) that I have accepted.

It's like my spirit is a country right on the border of my soul and my body is another country. Heaven lives in my Spirit and has access to my soul. Kind of like a trade agreement. That trade agreement has stipulations that involve my foreign policies with others nations. The other nation involved with my senses is my body.

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law." - Galatians 5:16-18 ESV

I can consciously have an immigration policies and arms agreements with the two nations that border my soul. If I sell weapons to my allies' enemy that will affect my trade relationship to those allies?

"Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' So we can confidently say, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?' " - Hebrews 13:5-6 ESV

Fortunately for us Heaven is a benevolent power that will honor the treaty they have made no matter what we do!

No comments: