Thursday, April 4, 2019

The Gatherer

"These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." - John 14:25-27 ESV

Who Is this Holy wind who has such access to our minds? He can gather our thought together and arrange them like flowers in a vase.

Fear and disorder are linked, aren't they? Chaos has uncertainty but The Holy Spirit restores islands of order in disorder and we can rest in the bed He has made for us.

Jesus' mind and teachings are a safe place. They are The safe place. If these thoughts are planted they will grow because they are alive. Then the Holy Spirit will use those 'materials' in our mind.

The dark mind has no flowers to gather. There are only thorns and thistles.

God help us by Your Spirit to be sowers of good seed.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment