Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Praying With Tenacity

You have been praying but it hasn't happened yet... so... keep praying...

"And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. He said, 'In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man. And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, 'Give me justice against my adversary.' For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, 'Though I neither fear God nor respect man, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.' And the Lord said, 'Hear what the unrighteous judge says. And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?' " - Luke 18:1-8 ESV

I don't think we are going to wear down God with every request... this was a widow who needed justice... this was a person who used to have the support of a husband but now no longer has that support... Is what we are asking for this urgent and needed? Is God the only one who can do it? If that is the case and it is a need and not just a want or a preference then Jesus is giving us clear instructions about what to do.

There are a dozen things I want this morning but do I have a cause like this? Is the great commision a cause like this? I say that it is. I want to do my best to wear God down for souls and the salvation of people. I can't do what only He can do. I am like a widow in this area. I can say words but only He can save souls.

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." - Hebrews 4:16 KJV

That unrighteous judge couldn't stop that widow from coming. God doesn't want us to stop coming.

Thank you God! Really... Give us this heart. Make us tenacious people who keep coming to You over and over until we see You move.

No comments:

Post a Comment