Friday, January 5, 2018

Walking And Praying

I have a friend who is in Heaven now, Pastor Bill Cannon, our relationship was primarily centered around prayer. We would get coffee and walk around the parking lot of our church and pray together. Sometimes people would join us. I'm sure he did this with many people over his lifetime.

The aspects of prayer I mentioned yesterday (Praise, Waiting on God, Opening Our Hearts To God, Praying Scripture, Reminding God of His Promises, Watchful Prayer, Intercession, Petition, Thanksgiving, Singing, Meditation and Listening to God) were a part of those walks.

He would quote scripture after scripture to God in a flow that a rap music star would marvel at. It wasn't a stale memorized list. Each time with him was unique and different. He was and is a godly man (God's godly man) and still my friend... I just won't see him again until there has been a great transition/promotion for me also.

I know my prayer life was changed because of exposure to this gifted, gentle, godly missionary man. I pray more now like I used to see him pray as he slowly walked with one arm raised, sometimes singing, sometimes quiet, sometimes quoting scripture after scripture reminding God of what was promised and worshipping his God by extolling divine virtues in a stream of sanctified memory on display.

Thank you, God for Pastor Bill Cannon and every man and woman that prays walking, sitting, standing or kneeling with other younger men and women in a pure stream of praise, worship and petition. They are changing the world. They are salt and light in their homes and communities. We who remain are Your representation of this now in the world. Let 2018 be a year of anointed prayer in groups on mountains, in valleys and across parking lots in every corner of the globe. Thank You, God.

"Pray without ceasing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:17 KJV

"I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting." - 1 Timothy 2:8 KJV

Yes and Amen.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment