Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Come Boldly And Leave Through A Different Gate

I had a wonderful thought last night. It was a 'glimpse of a scene' thought. Often when I have thought about coming boldly before the throne of grace I have pictured entering a doorway and standing in a grand room with the king in a large chair. It was a room with one entrance that was also an exit. It was a place to linger and then leave but tonight I pictured something different. It was more like a parade that stops before a grandstand. People streaming in from one direction and then exited a different way. Some lingering but few leaving through the same entrance they entered.

"When the people of the land come before the LORD at the appointed feasts, he who enters by the north gate to worship shall go out by the south gate, and he who enters by the south gate shall go out by the north gate: no one shall return by way of the gate by which he entered, but each shall go out straight ahead." - Ezekiel 46:9 ESV

It was a grand vision for me because it spoke of progress.

If we don't exit the way we entered that means we pass through the throne of grace and end up in a different place because we went there and had an audience with God.

Wow. I don't think I will ever see Hebrews 4:16 the same way as i did before.

"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." - Hebrews 4:16 ESV

Thank You God. I haven't seen Your throne with these eyes. I have only pictured it in my imagination but what a glorious place it must be. I go by faith now but one day we as a group will stand there beholding what we can only imagine now. Still just imagining it does something to us. We enter one way and we leave another way.

Hallelujah.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment