Saturday, November 5, 2016

Power And Negotiation

The last few days my meditation has been about power and negotiation. It takes power to even have a negotiation. The powerless have no negotiation leverage so there is often no negotiation at all.

The Bible shows different men negotiating with God. Abraham. Moses at the burning bush. Jacob wrestling with God.

Then there are examples of men negotiating with other men. Ahab trying to secure Naboth's vineyard (see 1 Kings 21:1f)

The conclusion I have come to is that hope is the negotiation power of the believer.

"And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." - Romans 5:5 KJV

"According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death." - Philippians 1:20 KJV

Shame comes when we lose over and over. We begin to hate our self because of our powerlessness. God flips that equation over on its side.

Hope assures us that we have power with God. It isn't the power to gratify self per se but it is power in God's plan. We pray and God hears us. We are not powerless.

Today I will go and negotiate with people and urge them to secure the gift that the blood of Christ has purchased on their behalf. I will communicate grace as God gives me ability so that people know that God wants to give them something. I will let them know that their morality means nothing to God. It gives them no power. God holds all the cards and yet because of love He wants to give them power and position as a free gift.

God, I pray that our negotiations go well today. Bless us as we go. Thank you for exercising power on our behalf. It is beyond our understanding why you love us like you do.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment