Saturday, March 5, 2016

Gardens And More Gardens

God's precreation garden was a rock garden.

"You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering, sardius, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, emerald, and carbuncle; and crafted in gold were your settings and your engravings. On the day that you were created they were prepared." - Ezekiel 28:13 ESV

He walked in a garden on Earth with Adam that had plants and animals.

"And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day..." - Genesis 3:8a ESV

Then Jesus sang with His disciples and prayed in a garden. He sang praise knowing He was about to be betrayed.

"And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives... Then Jesus went with them to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to his disciples, 'Sit here, while I go over there and pray.' " - Matthew 26:30, 36 ESV

Jesus has ascended but there are gardens waiting in the future. God seems to like them. Will you be there with him to see what comes next? I hope so.

You will only be there if you know Him. Do you know Him? Jesus died on a tree and rose again for you and for me. Don't let the fruit of what He has done be in vain for you. He died when you were an enemy with the hope that you and anyone else who would believe would become a friend.

He still wants to walk with you in the cool of the morning. God wants more than beauty and wildlife. His desires fellowship and company.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me." - Revelation 3:20 ESV

There is a knock at the door. Please answer it.

---

Today we went to a market on outreach and there was a booth there with all kinds of stones and minerals. The two people minding it were watching it for a friend. I quoted them the verse I used in the devotional thought above in Ezekiel.

I also talked to them about this one.

"Over the heads of the living creatures there was the likeness of an expanse, shining like awe-inspiring crystal, spread out above their heads. And under the expanse their wings were stretched out straight, one toward another. And each creature had two wings covering its body. And when they went, I heard the sound of their wings like the sound of many waters, like the sound of the Almighty, a sound of tumult like the sound of an army. When they stood still, they let down their wings. And there came a voice from above the expanse over their heads. When they stood still, they let down their wings. And above the expanse over their heads there was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like sapphire; and seated above the likeness of a throne was a likeness with a human appearance." - Ezekiel 1:22-26 ESV

God sits on a sapphire throne. A huge sapphire throne not made on Earth. Precious stones can only be so large here because of gravity and the density of our planet. What makes a stone like that exist? A stone large enough to carve out a throne.

"And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each of the gates made of a single pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass." - Revelation 21:21 ESV

Where can you get pearls like that I said and they just looked at me. A man who was standing there asked me what verse I was quoting so I told him.

"In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also." - John 14:2-3 ESV

I asked them 'What will these mansions be like if God can make stone like the ones you have on this table? It's hard to imagine isn't it?'

Those who don't know Jesus are condemned already and they will never see those gates or that throne. Jesus died to remove that condemnation. Jesus wants to bring life where there is only death.

Only believe.

They were polite. After all they were watching their friends stand and it isn't good business to be rude to potential customers. I bought a green rock and we moved on.

I hope they heard what I said.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment