Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A Prepared Place

This booklet I'm reading Is very intense (Last Looks, Last Thoughts, Last Words).

"I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven," - Matthew 8:11 ESV

"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also." - John 14:1-3 ESV

The prepared place. The family place where Abraham and Jacob fellowship even though they are from different generations and couldn't know each other on Earth.

Isn't it good to have a place... a reserved seat in the crowded event. It is so good.

"But the dove found no place to set her foot, and she returned to him to the ark, for the waters were still on the face of the whole earth. So he put out his hand and took her and brought her into the ark with him." - Genesis 8:9 ESV

I think of the Church. There was a great flood and the dove looked for land but there was none yet. The waters were too high. Things were not settled yet so it came back and found a place on Noah's arm. People go and search for a while but then they come back because there is a place to rest in the Church.

But then just past the end of time we see this terrible scene.

"Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." - Revelation 20:11-15 ESV

It is almost to hard to look at and imagine. No place at the table. No arm to rest on. No friend with connections. No place.

I have faced social rejection. The ones I have loved the most have said, 'Bye, Bye' and there is no other feeling like it. (I apologize if this stirs those memories up in you as you read. I am weeping as I write it.)

Jesus will never say, 'Bye, Bye' or 'Oops, There must have been some mix up.' If you know Him He has made a place for you. If you you believe the place is yours and Jesus will have prepared it special just for you. You will sit next to your favorite people. The ones you know and the ones that came before your time and never got to know in this life.

Imagine it... a special place or no place... there is no in between. Wow. The different is one small decision. One conversation. One faith transaction. One 'Jesus I believe in you... Save me.'

I'm praying for my friends that need a place right now. We can take it for granted when we have one but when we need one it becomes so vital. Please God have mercy on them. Thank you God. You have made Heaven our home. You have opened up your home to us and what glorious home it will be.

Lord, I believe if you are preparing one there then you can do it here also. This isn't 'pie in the sky' theology. Show that your hand is strong for these people we, the writer and the reader, are thinking of. Your arm isn't short. You can save. You have before so many times and we believe you will again. Thank You God. Thank You for the great security You have given those who believe in You. Wow. You are amazing.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment