Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Help Our Unbelief

"And someone from the crowd answered him, 'Teacher, I brought my son to you, for he has a spirit that makes him mute. And whenever it seizes him, it throws him down, and he foams and grinds his teeth and becomes rigid. So I asked your disciples to cast it out, and they were not able.'

And he answered them, 'O faithless generation, how long am I to be with you? How long am I to bear with you? Bring him to me.'

And they brought the boy to him. And when the spirit saw him, immediately it convulsed the boy, and he fell on the ground and rolled about, foaming at the mouth. And Jesus asked his father, 'How long has this been happening to him?'

And he said, 'From childhood. And it has often cast him into fire and into water, to destroy him. But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.'

And Jesus said to him, 'If you can? All things are possible for one who believes.'

Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, 'I believe; help my unbelief!' " - Mark 9:17-24 ESV

Who doesn't identify with that father? This wasn't a new problem. This was an consistant scary problem right in the center of their family that involved one of their children.

Jesus didn't call that generation poor or ignorant. He called them faithless.

He healed the child. The disciples couldn't.

"And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting." - Mark 9:29 KJV

We indulge ourselves and we have no power. While we do it we walk by sight and cease to have a deep prayer connection.

Jesus used His liberty to draw near to God.

There is no condemnation for you or for me.

Healing is sovereign. The disciples didn't help anyone. God did. We don't heal anyone... not really. We might help by removing the thing that causes injury. We might help by introducing things that assist in the healing process. God designed our bodies to heal themselves if the conditions are right.

This morning I cry out to God and say, 'I believe; help my unbelief'

God can do many things today. He often chooses to use believing people who are available. The issues people have are so deep inside them... so hidden... so impossible. Jesus is the only one who could ever walk by and actually do something.

" ' ...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.' Amen." - Matthew 28:20b NKJV

This scripture says 'Amen' and we say, 'Amen' to what the scriptures says.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment