Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thinking That Predates Time

Pondering the power of a finished work thought.

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:" - Matthew 25:34 KJV

"Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world." - John 17:24 KJV

"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:" - Ephesians 1:4 KJV

"For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world." - Hebrews 4:3 KJV

"...the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." - Revelation 13:8b KJV

God is a planner. Grace flows from this thinking.

Men seek answers for power. Even those that seem to seek God don't want Him they just want closure of some kind. The want an explanation.

God has had all the answers from before the beginning. That is how for back we must go. Before the foundation of the world we find intimacy not nothingness. We find a God who Is planning redemption and everything that comes after has that as a foundation.

What is finished work thinking? It is when we come to conclusions based on what God was thinking before time started ticking.

It is also making decisions with His mind before the situation happens.

A faith that pleases God sees God as He really Is. It is a snapshot of the big picture brought into a moment and then conclusions are drawn based on that reality. A finished work thought is based on God's pre-creation planning.

What will I do when someone hurts me? I pre-plan to forgive them.

What will I do with my next pay check? I pre-plan that redemption will come off the top and not the leftovers.

I start the day with God. In a way this time is before the beginning of my day. Jesus prayed all night. I start. He never started. Jesus is forever.

What Jesus did in time on the cross and what He was thinking before the world began give us an eternal thought process. We burn but we are not consumed. We have no problem being low because are thought are from above the sky.

What lies in front of us is lit from behind us when we think in the finished work. Even if it looks dark... It won't always be dark. The light from behind us will illuminate it in due season if we think in the finished work.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment