Friday, October 10, 2014

Receive Mercy And Find Grace

"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." - Hebrews 4:16 ESV

To receive mercy and find grace we go to God's throne. Wow.

We receive mercy. We find grace. One thing is taken with our hands and the other with our hearts and minds.

Maybe today isn't the time of need. Perhaps it is later. We go now and then we can find the place later.

In one way I realize my need for mercy now. I go needing mercy now and find grace because God is gracious and that grace is new again and again. I find it that way.

But, It is also like a flashlight put in a drawer in case of emergency. It is put there when there is light to see where you put it but you need to find it when it is dark.

Going with confidence makes us confident to go. People may say, 'Pray for me.' and you can say, 'Let's pray now. I was just there at the throne. Let's go back together. I know the way there from here.'

--

No comments:

Post a Comment