Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Good, Pleasing And Perfect

I really like how this translation treats the second part of this passage...

"... Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." - Romans 12:2 NLT

That word translated 'perfect' is teleios (Strong's G5046) and it comes from the same root as...

"When Jesus had tasted it, he said, "It is finished!" Then he bowed his head and released his spirit." - John 19:30 NLT - teleĊ (Strong's G5055)

Who is the one who is going to be pleased when you look back at your life? You are.

Who is going to say 'God was good and He had a good will towards me every step of the way.' You are.

Who is going to say, 'God's will was perfect lacking nothing. He had every detail covered.' You and I will.

Say those things now by faith. They are true statements. Your emotions will start to respond if you say them out loud.

"Rejoice in the LORD, O you righteous! For praise from the upright is beautiful." - Psalm 33:1 NKJV

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand;" - Philippians 4:4-5 ESV

"My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee; and my soul, which thou hast redeemed." - Psalm 71:23 KJV

--

No comments:

Post a Comment